Still Friends, After All These Years (I'm the only one still crazy.)

Linda Holland and I met on my first day at Ohio University in 1965. We've been friends ever since and have corresponded regularly over the years -- mostly letters and postcards with email added to the mix in more recent years. What we haven't done is see or talk to each other in all those years -- until this Sunday when we met for the first time in nearly 40 years.

Since the day we made arrangements to meet,  I worried about how it would go -- all for naught, as our day together was wonderful and we are looking forward to our next forty years of friendship.

Here I am as I waited for Linda to ring the doorbell -- forced relaxation pose. The one picture of the both of us that her husband Bob took using my camera came out too blurry to post, so my hope is the ones on  their camera are better.


Beautiful marina view for lunch.

Impressive plant specimen in Linda's backyard. Her husband, Bob, put his carpentry skills to work making the Adirondack chairs.

No comments:

Voyage to the Atlantic

Captain Billy, Elvis, and I made our first voyage to the open Atlantic using the inflatable Zodiac lent to us by our neighbors, the Kelly...